Legislative tutorial workshops offered
The Legislature’s Public Access Room will hold free “Your Voice” workshops on Maui next month in preparation for the next regular session of the state Legislature, which begins in January.
Topics to be discussed at the one-hour workshops will include understanding the legislative process, deadlines and power dynamics. Tips on effective lobbying, testifying and communicating with lawmakers as well as informational handouts and other resources will be available.
The following workshops are scheduled:
• 1:30 p.m. Sept. 18, Kahului Community Center.
• 1:30 and 6 p.m. Sept. 19, Kenolio Recreation Complex cafeteria, Kihei.
• 1:30 p.m. Sept. 20, Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center in the room near the pool, Pukalani.
• 6 p.m. Sept. 20, Haiku Community Center.
• 6 p.m. Sept. 21, Wailuku Public Library.
• 1:30 and 6 p.m. Sept. 22, West Maui Senior Center, Lahaina.
The Public Access Room, a division of the State of Hawaii’s nonpartisan Legislative Reference Bureau, is the public’s office at the state Capitol and assists residents as they engage in state legislative government.
For more information, contact the Public Access Room at (808) 587-0478 or firstname.lastname@example.org.